Monday, October 26, 2009

The Monday Blues

I left my yummy coffee at home this morning.

It POURED my entire drive to work. So much so that I thought I might float away or be plowed into by a giant SUV. I have a hard time not panicking when driving in the rain.

I am into my first day of a new work schedule - 7:00 to 5:00, Monday thru Thursday. I kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking that I was running late and needed to get up and get ready. I am SLEEPY today.

We have just enough money in our bank account to buy diapers and milk until Thursday. Our medical bills are making things so tight for us and we are really feeling it this month.

Todd tore something in his foot over the weekend on a hunting trip. He could have done the same thing while mowing the grass so it's not really a hunting injury. But it seems kind of serious and I'm trying not to worry about the prospect of surgery.

I'm struggling with some of the same old crap. Enough said.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being picked on. Or that I can't catch a break. Everything feels so hard and I wonder why life always seems to pile one thing on top of another.

I'm feeling lonely. Discouraged. Angry. Disappointed. Sad.

And it's a Monday.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Girl, I'm sorry you're feeling so down and that things aren't going as well as they could. I hope things get better for you.

Jenny Rose said...

I am a lurker but love reading your blog! You have such a strong and sweet spirit about you, and are so wonderful with your words and the way you express yourself. I know you are strong in your faith and know you will get through this, but know me and many others are praying for you and your amazing family. You are so blessed and these rough times definitely make the brighter times even more appreciated. Hang in there and just try to cherish all the good things you have going on right now. Tommy is so adorable and is extremely blessed that God paired you as mother and son.

Katie said...

hi- I don't often comment, but just wanted to let you know that your blog has really helped with my faith, and I really hope I can be an encouragmentto you. I pray that things start to look up for you and that God will meet your needs. I know He will take care of you. I second what Jenny Rose said...take care, you'll be in my prayers

Tricia said...

Sorry youre feeling down. I've read tons of blogs this morning with the same tone. Must be a "blah" week for everyone. Gee I hope its not contagious. :)

Steph said...

so many people had a bad case of the Monday's this week! i read your blog...your family is precious and just wanted you to know I hope your week is getting better!

bleedingdaughter said...

love you- are you coming to the retreat?
if not, i should start thinking about visiting you:)

Related posts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails