Friday, February 25, 2011

Goodbyes and Changes

Dear Friends, Fellow Bloggers, blog-stalkers, and random readers I've never met,

Since May of 2007, I have come here to write on this little blog. I created the word "Jenn-sational" for myself because I thought it was fun and cute different. It's catchy right?

For the almost four years that I have come here to write, I have found my own blogging groove. I think everyone has their own style or reasons for writing. And me?

I keep my blog to write about anything and everything. It's a catalog of my daily life. It's a place where I write about my faith. It's an outlet for where I struggle with my weight. And it's a showcase for my son and husband and my great love for the both of them. I enjoy writing, and even though I am aware I have an audience, I really come here to write for me. It's great to have something tangible to look back on of my own life journey and it's felt kind of humbling that people I don't know, want to come here and read about my life. I have 74 "Followers" and I've always been curious what it is about me that people feel that they connect with enough to become a follower of this little blog.

However, I feel the season of "Simply Jenn-Sational" has finally come to a close.

I turn 30 on the twelfth of March. I am entering what feels like a new season of adulthood as a woman, wife and mother. I think in many ways, I feel a bit more "grown up" than the woman who started this blog a few years ago. Much has changed for me in the last few years, especially in my heart. I started contemplating this change back in the fall and decided to hold off until around the time of my birthday. I guess with March around the corner, it feels fitting to make this change now.

I plan on writing the same kinds of things - my daily life, my struggles, my victories, my silliness, my family and so on. But on a new blog. With a new title and a new address in a new season of life. Nearly four years and 662 posts later I'm saying goodbye to Simply Jenn-Sational.

With that, I cordially invite all of my readers here over to my new place.

I often write about the changing of the seasons and the times of life I often find myself in. The title of my new blog is real, it's personal and it holds much meaning for me and my story. So without further ado....

4 comments:

Melissa said...

SO proud of you! :)

And glad you just aren't closing the blog...I'd miss reading your thoughts too much. Hope your new blog is JUST what you need!

Brandi said...

I was afraid you were leaving for good! Glad to know you are staying. I will follow your other blog and your new journey in life!

Seized by Hope said...

I must say I am bit ambivalent about this change. I have loved jenn-sational. It is very descriptive and original, like you. So...I will follow you to your new location, but in all honesty I will have to hold onto jenn-sational, because for me that is who you are.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you have written much and lived much...there is a season for everything..continue on with boldness..luv ya

Related posts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails